Start Writing a Memorable Travel Memoir
Imagine you’re back from your latest trip abroad. You’re hanging out at your place with a few good friends.
As you indulge in tacos and wine, you start sharing pictures, Instagram snaps, and stories of your amazing getaway.
Just when you’re getting to the juicy stuff, your BFF interrupts and asks what you came back with…other than the stories and pics (because none of that is ever enough for her high standards. She’s kind of bougie like that).
Unable to control your ear-to-ear grin, your eyes open wide, and you can’t hold back anymore.
“I STARTED WRITING MY BOOK!”
Your girls hoot, holler, and cheer for what feels like half an hour.
As if they’d been waiting for this moment for far too long, almost in sync, they exclaim:
“For years, we’ve been encouraging you to write a book about your adventures. You’re finally doing it!”
Your skin is tingling and your heart racing. You wonder if this is what bliss feels like.
As the excitement settles, you slide back into your comfortable sofa nook, take a sip of wine and think about how proud you are…OF YOURSELF!
Well, guess what?
This is totally possible.
All of it!
*You feeling proud of yourself
*Your girls cheering you on
*And, of course, the book writing bit.
I can’t guarantee you a bucket of warm tacos and gorgeous Insta pics, but I can guarantee that when you enter your email address and click LET’S GET STARTED below, you’ll receive my Travel Memoir Jumpstart Guide, the guidance (and nudge) you need to get started.
See, what’s stopping you, and what stops most people, is you don’t know is where to start.
Let’s get you past feeling stuck.
No more second-guessing yourself wondering where the story starts and what to write first for your book.
You’ve agonized over how to start writing your memoir for far too long.
You spend way too much time thinking…
Do I start the book with my travel planning?
Maybe it should begin from that moment when I was sitting on my flight?
At the airport?
Perhaps people would be more captivated by that crazy situation that happened on Day 1 when I arrived at the hotel?
You’re just not sure. You’re doing a whole lot of thinking and no writing.
“Action is the foundational key to all success.”
I’ve got you covered.
The Travel Memoir Jumpstart Guide will show you the way. It’ll lay the groundwork for your first travel memoir.
(And maybe many more to come!)
See, a memoir (a book about a distinct period of time or situation/event in your life) has to follow a certain framework for it to flow, engage, and keep readers captivated. And it starts from the beginning. If your beginning doesn’t work, you can forget about the rest of the book, because guess what? Nobody will be reading!
Here’s what’s in the Travel Memoir Jumpstart Guide:
- How to figure out your key motivator to start (and finish) your book
- What a travel memoir is and what it isn’t (don’t make the common mistake many beginning memoir writers make)
- The 6 essential characteristics of a memoir (you need to know these so you can write a memoir people want to read)
- How to write a captivating beginning (you need to hook readers from the start or they’ll close your book and won’t open it again)
- Strategies for building momentum so you start….and keep going (momentum is key to finishing a book project)
Who created the Travel Jumpstart Guide?
I’m Alicia-Joy. I help Black travelers, ex-pats, and nomads tell their stories through writing books. I’m a writer, book editor, and book coach. Since, 2012, I’ve written hundreds of web pages, articles, and email campaigns, created 9 journals + published 3 books of my own (and ghostwritten 5 for clients). I’ve also provided editing, writing training, coaching, and ghostwriting services to clients for over seven years. I’m a current member of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA).
The Travel Author Jumpstart Guide is for you if:
- You’re aching to share your travel adventures, challenges, blunders with friends, family, maybe even the world
- You understand that there’s no magic pill but there is a set framework you can follow to make the writing process easier
- You’ve been dreaming about writing a book but don’t know where to start
- You have travel experiences you want to write about OR you want to get guidance now for future travel escapades
- You value the guidance, input, and direction from a professional writer and book coach
Ready to get started?
Enter your email address below.
See you in your inbox!